Kirk Douglas Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
jayeshgadia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Kirk Douglas Success

Post by jayeshgadia »

Hello. After nearly 6 - 7 attempts over the past three years I finally got Mr Kirk Douglas autograph. I had sent pictures and SASE to his home address which was there on the data base but it came from his production company address which is now currently on the data base.

he returned back my pictures unsigned but sent His own picture signed and surprisingly there is another A4 sheet inside which has a drawing which says How Do You Like Me and signed by him. I really cant make out if its drawn and signed personally by him or is this a printed document. The signature is the one which he used to do a few years ago and is not his recent signature which is much shorter. Either its a print or his production company has a lot signed which they selectively send out.

I am enclosing both the pictures and would love feedback from the members here of what you think of the drawn picture. Does it seem signed by Mr Douglas or is it a photo copy / print?

Last edited by jayeshgadia on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Kirk Douglas Success

Post by admin »

Hi jayeshgadia :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Would you have a scan of the envelope you received please?
If so, you are in the run for the $10 gift certificate.

{star} Kirk Douglas on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
classic_ttm's
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by classic_ttm's »

Kirk Douglas usually only signs his books. I got Kirk's autograph on a copy of i am Spartacus. His signature is REALLY shaky due to his stroke. Your first picture looks strange because his autograph looks similar to mine but yours is bigger and he signed yours in sharpie he signed mine in pen. The second one looks a lot like mine and I feel like he would do that kind of drawing thing. When he autographed my book on the title page he Wrote I am NOT spartacus. So he probably did sign your photos but you said you sent to him a few times. I got him on my first try relatively quick. But a great success none the less!!!
evans anthony
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by evans anthony »

jayeshgadia wrote:Hello. After nearly 6 - 7 attempts over the past three years I finally got Mr Kirk Douglas autograph. I had sent pictures and SASE to his home address which was there on the data base but it came from his production company address which is now currently on the data base.

he returned back my pictures unsigned but sent His own picture signed and surprisingly there is another A4 sheet inside which has a drawing which says How Do You Like Me and signed by him. I really cant make out if its drawn and signed personally by him or is this a printed document. The signature is the one which he used to do a few years ago and is not his recent signature which is much shorter. Either its a print or his production company has a lot signed which they selectively send out.

I am enclosing both the pictures and would love feedback from the members here of what you think of the drawn picture. Does it seem signed by Mr Douglas or is it a photo copy / print?

It doesn't look like he would have done the picture owing to his stroke and age, but consider yourself lucky to receive that and I would say that is a really cool success! First time I sent him a letter I got a letter back saying he no longer signs but I sent a book cover this time so hopefully he and Anne would be so kind to sign it for me. All the best mate
- Evan
jayeshgadia
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jayeshgadia »

Thank you Evan. I thought as much as it would been very difficult for him to do this after the stroke. My only wishful thinking was this has come from his production company and not his house address where I had sent him the request letter. Maybe they just had some things signed by him previously which they would have sent to me. Just hopefully Maybe :) unfortunately his production company does not have an email id where I could have written to them and clarified but I would definitely write to them and ask.
Thank you for your revert to my post and yes I am too very glad to get this as he has been only signing books and have seen a picture success after sometime now. I would be cherishing if for sure.
Best wishes !!