Barack Obama Success

Post your feedback about a celebrity address you have tested. Win a $10 Gift Certificate! How? Test an Address and Post your Feedback!
LARams
$10 gift certificate winner

Barack Obama Success

Post by LARams »

I sent a LOR, SASE, and two photos to a private address for Barack Obama and received back one of the photos I sent to him.

I can confirm it's not a pre-print. I've been doing this long enough to know the signs of a pre-print. It could be authentic, but I'd like to see if anybody has any more information on his autopens. So far, I haven't found any autopen examples that match this, but if anybody does have any examples, feel free to share a link or photo to them.

I already own his signed Audacity of Hope book authenticated by PSA/DNA, which this slightly resembles but obviously not exact.

This took about three months to get back to me. It does have an interesting inscription of, "All the best!" which I have seen in some of his other PSA and JSA authenticated items. I'm expecting this to be autopen, but maybe somebody has some input and evidence.

http://surfmypictures.com/image/e29cae6 ... g3gdk.html
http://surfmypictures.com/image/e29cae6 ... dlful.html
Last edited by LARams on Mon May 28, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite Autographs: Crew of the Enola Gay, Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Kirk Douglas, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods.

Check out my TTM blog with email successes! http://www.gridironshowcase.weebly.com

Let's cut the nonsense.
You don't want a blog where some guy is trying to sell you his book of TTM "secrets" or trying to beg for donations.
You don't want a blog that will give your computer cancer with ads.
Gridiron Showcase is an ad-free and non-profit blog that documents addresses that actually work.
chpunit3

Re: Barack Obama Success

Post by chpunit3 »

Don't you think it would be weird for him to sign off of the picture in the B of his name if it was really him?
Total=102
pp=7
Real and or Personalized=95
refusals=2
In Person=0
Most recent Success= Danielle Fishel (Boy Meets World)
LARams

Post by LARams »

chpunit3 wrote:Don't you think it would be weird for him to sign off of the picture in the B of his name if it was really him?
I do agree. I have found one other PSA authenticated item that also has B cut off after you mentioned it in your post. That is definitely something to note though, it could be an indicator!
Favorite Autographs: Crew of the Enola Gay, Barack Obama, Leonardo DiCaprio, Hillary Clinton, Kirk Douglas, Peyton Manning, Tiger Woods.

Check out my TTM blog with email successes! http://www.gridironshowcase.weebly.com

Let's cut the nonsense.
You don't want a blog where some guy is trying to sell you his book of TTM "secrets" or trying to beg for donations.
Gridiron Showcase is an ad-free and non-profit blog that documents addresses that actually work.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi LARams :)

Thank you for your feedback {up}

Barack Obama
c/o Office of Barack and Michelle Obama
P.O. Box 91000
Washington, DC 20066
USA

{star} Barack Obama on Fanmail.biz | Previous Feedback Received

Fanmail 8)
Hartster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Hartster »

Could be the photo was the edge of the desk or other surface when he signed. I have an astronaut signed photo where part of the name ran off the picture.
Space enthusiast w/a Sharpie! Ex-journalist. Published in British Interplanetary Society's Spaceflight and National Geographic Traveler magazines; also NASA's Scientist-Astronauts, Freedom 7: The Historic Flight of Alan B. Shepard books and contributor to The Star Trek Encyclopedia: A Reference Guide to the Future and the A Matter of Time: The Unauthorized Back to the Future Lexicon among others. Follow me at @HBSastrowardoyo, check out my astronaut and other space travelers autograph collection at https://www.flickr.com/photos/45855752@ ... 973452526/
LARams

Post by LARams »

Hartster wrote:Could be the photo was the edge of the desk or other surface when he signed. I have an astronaut signed photo where part of the name ran off the picture.
Certainly could be the case. Recalling my collection, I have at least a dozen or so that part of the autograph runs off the page. I have never even seen auto-pen examples from Fanmail.biz or even StarTiger., so I'm not sure if auto-pen is something he regularly sends out since you'd think you'd see them everywhere. Kind of like the 100 posts about George W. Bush and most senators and congressmen.

Let's cut the nonsense.
That_Deutscher
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by That_Deutscher »

I have a generic pre-print from him that looks very similar to yours. I say you got the real deal.

Good job!

Real deal autos are the best. I have a real deal from Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, and Bill Clinton.
2018 Sucesses:
    Purchased Sean Astin (charity donation)
    Sheila E. (Got at a show in Minneapolis)
    Weird Al Yankovic (Got following a show in northern Iowa)
    Sting (Singer)
    Shaggy
    President George Bush, Sr. (TTM)
LARams

Post by LARams »

That_Deutscher wrote:I have a generic pre-print from him that looks very similar to yours. I say you got the real deal.

Good job!

Real deal autos are the best. I have a real deal from Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, and Bill Clinton.
That would be amazing if it's the real deal. By any chance do you have a photo of the pre-print?

Let's cut the nonsense.
LARams

Post by LARams »

That_Deutscher wrote:I have a generic pre-print from him that looks very similar to yours. I say you got the real deal.

Good job!

That would be amazing if it's the real deal. By any chance do you have a photo of the pre-print?

Let's cut the nonsense.
acts238
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by acts238 »

A sign to know if an autograph is an autopen (which Obama is notorious for) is heavy dark marks at the end of his writing the B and at the end of the O. I sorta see an indication that your signature does has those heavy dark ink marks (which are left from the autopen machine stopping at a part in the signature). I can’t say for sure though because the photo quality isn’t ideal to actually be certain.