GERI HALLIWELL!! (ex-Spice Girl)

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
RuleroftheWorld

GERI HALLIWELL!! (ex-Spice Girl)

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Went to a book signing today, where Geri was signing copies of her new children's book, uGenia Lavender.

The signing was scheduled for 4pm, it took me 1 and a half hours to get there, I arrived at 2:30pm and only about 20 people were queued, so I bought the book and joined the queue - then was told I had to start a new queue outside the shopping centre as the queue was a "health risk". So after standing outside like a lemon for a while, finally the queue started to actually be a queue, rather than just me looking like said lemon. Anyway, shortly after that they decided to "squash" the original queue up, and bring in people from outside. Already you should get the idea that it wasnt organised very well.

About 3:30pm, I was thinking "Its been an hour, only half hour to go", and at this point my legs were killing me from standing in the same spot. 30 seconds later, some guy appears to tell us that Geri was stuck in traffic, and "might be about half hour late", which obviously went down like a lead balloon. They kept trying to give everyone sweets and donuts to keep them happy, which didnt really work. Geri eventually arrived at about 4:35pm, and we were told - and I quote - "Geri will sign everything and pose for pictures to apologise for the delay". Now I dont know if the message wasnt relayed to her security or to the organisers or whatever, but that didnt materialise at all.

Once the queue started moving I was in after about 5-10 minutes, which was a bonus. I'd originally planned on getting the book signed, asking if she'd sign a CD cover, and getting a pic - no such luck. Basically was a case of shove the book on the table, Geri looked at the front of the book (we'd been given sticky labels to put on the front with our names on so she knew who to personalise to), she signed it, smiled, and then it was on to the next person in the queue.

Some people managed photos, but pretty much just of Geri signing with the fan stood next to her while she signed. I really got the impression that those who were at the END of the queue would've got the better experience, as she was trying to rush through the front of the queue (if that makes sense)

So a bit disappointing, but I cant blame her for being in a rush after being so late. On the plus side, one of her security guards was a nice guy, talkative and jolly.

So yeah, 90 mins travel, 120 mins queue, then another 120 minutes travel, all for the sake of 15 seconds of Geri's time. Disappointed, but happy, especially seeing as I can stop trying (and failing) to get her TTM now.

Pic of signed book - http://www.andy316.fpic.co.uk/p51554308.html
James

Re: GERI HALLIWELL!! (ex-Spice Girl)

Post by James »

Congratulations Andy. Glad you got her! {thumb2}
loveryan

Post by loveryan »

Congrats!!
You are so lucky ;)
RuleroftheWorld

Post by RuleroftheWorld »

Thanks guys :D

And James, thanks for the advice ;-)
x-autograph-girl-x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x-autograph-girl-x »

Congrats!

I met Geri at the Trafford Centre on 11th May and she was lovely! Too bad you had to wait ages and you didn't get longer with Geri. Great success anyway! :)

x-autograph-girl-x
See My Autograph Site: http://www.freewebs.com/autographgirlx

Interested In Girls Aloud? Please Check Out My Fansite! http://www.freewebs.com/girlsaloudfanclub/
moonlight
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by moonlight »

Hard work but atleast you got her autograph. Congrats. {up}
gghi18
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gghi18 »

Lovely success! I can't see the picture though...the link says it doesn't exist. :( Congrats though! ;)
I appreciate and welcome comments on the authenticity of autographs I have received. Thank you! Sincerely, gghi18 8)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marks-Autograph-Page/123624227817324?ref=hl (My autograph collection Facebook page).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Panhandler/122294424546484 (Check out my short, independent film I wrote called, “The Panhandler,” which is currently in the works. "Like" the Facebook page and show us your love & support, please!)

Latest Success: Carl Reiner
northwellguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by northwellguy »

Ummm note to gghi18...
Of course it doesn't exist
It's over 11 years old

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:19 am.
Successes? --- too many to count - pm me and I can help with an address if I have it and it worked. Feel free to ask.