Top 10 Movie Premiere Tips

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
celebrityfan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Top 10 Movie Premiere Tips

Post by celebrityfan »

Hello! If you are nervous about going to a premiere for the first time. Don't fret! I have decided to create Top 10 Movie Premiere Tips to ensure you have a fun and enjoyable night!

(These are in no particular order)

1. If you want a top quality looking auto, get hold of an 8x10 pic and take a silver or black sharpie pen. If you don't, just take a wad of index cards with a biro or felt tip! - remember the celebs usually don't carry pens!

2. Take a camera! - if you want to remember this day for the rest of your life, take pics of it! Otherwise, you'll have to settle for little press pictures on the internet - and that is boring!

3. Take a friend - it's always so much more fun with a friend!

4. Bring your own food and drink - sometimes food and drink can be expensive where the premiere is, and also if you arrive and don't want to lose your spot then you'd better take your own food and refreshments. Take a couple of bottles of water, a sandwich, fruit, choc bars - whatever you like.

5. Arrive early! - if it says the premiere starts at 7pm then don't turn up at 6:30pm, it's not a party - you cannot be guaranteed a good look in. For a big premiere, like 'Pirates 2' you should arrive at the cinema around 3ish, for a lesser known film arrive around 4ish - this should guarantee you a spot right at the very front of the barrier - meaning more autographs and most importantly - more celebs!

6. Remember that some stars may not turn up - I know it's a depressing thought but it could happen. At the 'King Kong' premiere everyone showed up, at the 'Casanova' premiere, Heath Ledger (the lead star) did not.

7. Make sure that when you arrive, you should take your bag and put it in front of you on your feet or in front of you against the barrier. Pickpockets do thrive at premieres because of all the open pockets available.

8. Take plastic wallets and a folder, after you get an autograph you do not want it to fold, bend or smudge in your bag. So after you get an autograph, put it in a plastic folder then into a sturdy folder which you can then put into your bag.

9. Check the correct date and venue! It'll be a bummer if you arrive on the wrong day or at the wrong place. Just check on the Movie Prem thread - http://www.fanmail.biz/mboard/viewtopic.php?t=19561 - and get the right date!

10. HAVE FUN!
:D Steph :D

Auto count: 185

Gerard Butler = The Next Bond

Visit my site! http://www.freewebs.com/celebrityfanautos

Credit to: hangman
writergirl123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by writergirl123 »

incredibly helpful, thanks!!!! not that i'm going to any movie premieres soon, considering i cant even afford a plane ticket with my job at micheal's frozen custard let alone a hotel room, but when I'm older I plan on going to a lot of premieres.
Favorite TTM: Zac Efron, Jason Dohring, Alyson Stoner
Favorite In-person: Mitchel Musso
(When I get this person's in the mail i WiLL FREAKK): Leighton Meester
smartcollegeguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Top 10 Movie Premiere Tips

Post by smartcollegeguy »

You don't need tickets if you just want to show up at a premiere for autographs do you?
Favorite IP Successes: Quentin Tarantino, Ozzy Osbourne, Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, John Travolta, Forrest Whitaker, Jon Voight, Ray Romano, Christian Bale, Hugh Laurie, Rainn Wilson, Judd Apatow, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Will Smith, David Spade

TTM (authentic) Successes: Jerry Seinfeld, Will Ferrell, Bill Cosby, Steve Carell, Brian Regan, Dane Cook, Carlos Mencia, David Letterman, Christian Bale, Tim Allen, Gene Wilder, David Hyde Pierce, Roger Waters, Charlie Watts, Ian Anderson, Ringo Starr,
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

smartcollegeguy wrote:You don't need tickets if you just want to show up at a premiere for autographs do you?
No, if you are simply turning up to the red carpet for autographs then no tickets are required.

It is only if you are attending to actually see the movie that you will require a ticket.

nowandagain [rockon]
smartcollegeguy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by smartcollegeguy »

Thank You ;-)
Favorite IP Successes: Quentin Tarantino, Ozzy Osbourne, Tom Hanks, Robin Williams, John Travolta, Forrest Whitaker, Jon Voight, Ray Romano, Christian Bale, Hugh Laurie, Rainn Wilson, Judd Apatow, Jonah Hill, Paul Rudd, Seth Rogen, Will Smith, David Spade

TTM (authentic) Successes: Jerry Seinfeld, Will Ferrell, Bill Cosby, Steve Carell, Brian Regan, Dane Cook, Carlos Mencia, David Letterman, Christian Bale, Tim Allen, Gene Wilder, David Hyde Pierce, Roger Waters, Charlie Watts, Ian Anderson, Ringo Starr,
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

You're welcome smartcollegeguy :D

nowandagain [rockon]
cazcaz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cazcaz »

Many thanks for helpful advice, I've never been to a premiere but I'm hoping to move to London at the end of the year so I'm going to try and go to as many as possible then! :)
Recent successes: David Tennant (IP), Catherine Tate (IP), Steven Moffat, Professor Brian Cox, Peter Jones, James Fleet
anra82012
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by anra82012 »

Hi this is my first post and let me first just say that this is a very helpful site! :D

Anyways, i went to the premiere of Four Christmases (Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn...) and I was hoping to get their autographs. But it was at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood and we were required to stand across the street by the barriers. :( So i didn't get the autographs i wanted... But fortunately, after the screening, one of the stars of the movie, Katy Mixon, came out of the "regular" exit and signed my screening ticket.

I want to go to more premieres in the future, but if it is at the same place, how do i get their autos? Because i know that some people got to go right next to the red carpet. and most of the fans had to stand across the street.

Thanks! :D
TTM Successes: Megan Hilty (Jan 12), Alexa Green (?), Eddy Rioseco (Feb 27), Sierra Boggess (Mar 2), Richard H. Blake (Mar 4), Emily Rozek (Mar 6), Nicole Parker (Mar 13)
lollipop
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by lollipop »

I have a question! Can you bring a camera to the movie theater? I want to take pics of the celebs. I have a ticket to the premiere of Friday the 13th at the Graumann's chinese theater. I'm going today! It's my first time going on a movie premiere. Thanks!
anra82012
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by anra82012 »

lollipop wrote:I have a question! Can you bring a camera to the movie theater? I want to take pics of the celebs. I have a ticket to the premiere of Friday the 13th at the Graumann's chinese theater. I'm going today! It's my first time going on a movie premiere. Thanks!
No you can't. It is strictly prohibited. :[
and how did you get tickets to it?? I've been trying to get tickets for other movies :[
i just got in FC by luck/accident! haha
TTM Successes: Megan Hilty (Jan 12), Alexa Green (?), Eddy Rioseco (Feb 27), Sierra Boggess (Mar 2), Richard H. Blake (Mar 4), Emily Rozek (Mar 6), Nicole Parker (Mar 13)