Katy Perry Super Failure at her perfume signing at the grove

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
pongo955
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Katy Perry Super Failure at her perfume signing at the grove

Post by pongo955 »

Dude, such a sad night. Katy decided to leave at 6... An hour EARLY and dissed like hundreds of fans.

Then she caused mass chaos and signed in the crowd of people almost causing a riot!

http://wp.me/p17Xso-2OG

Full pics and video!
Jaffer
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Katy Perry Super Failure at her perfume signing at the g

Post by Jaffer »

Absolute insanity. I don't understand. Why not continue what she was doing?? It makes no sense. What a dog act....
Best successes: Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rachel McAdams

Best Responses: Freida Pinto, Gemma Arterton, Berenice Marlohe, Jeremy Renner

Recent successes: Connie Nielsen, Ursula Corbero, Daniela Melchior, Kate Beckinsale, Amber Heard
Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Heyheyyou »

:cry: I am sorry that happened to you but I promise Katy is one of the sweetest people in the world and cares about her Katycats AKA her fans. I met her in Toronto which was a total fluke since I was just visiting Toronto and had no idea she was promoting Purr.She was doing the same thing meeting fans at Sears but since I didn't know about it I just waited with the other fans who just wanted a glimpse of her after she did the meet and greets with the people who purchased the perfume. Katy came out after she was finished and being the kind person she is she signed for everyone and everyone was pushing but luckily it didn't cause a riot or anything but there was alot of pushing and then she went outside to answer questions and once again after the Q&A she signed for as many people as she could. I promise you Katy is the sweetest person in the world and I am sorry you had a bad experience but on the plus side you met her. Katy hasn't changed she just has her good and bad days just like everyone else does
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

I'm one of those that weren't "suckered" into buying the perfume. That doesn't make me less of a fan. This is the holiday season and I for one have no use to invest in a $60 bottle of perfume. Yes, Katy should have honered the time and stay for the people that bought the product, BUT I for one thought it was extremly nice of her to stick around and sign for the fans who were unable to afford to buy the perfume. She took her time so even if pongo didn't make it to the signing table he still got his own personal item sign, which he wouldn't have been able to get signed anyway since she was ONLY signing the perfume. So I don't understand all the fuss. Katy was awesome that day and one of the best when it coes to her fans!
peter15
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by peter15 »

I am SO sorry about your bad experience at the signing :/ I understand what you're saying and that it wasn't well organized etc. I met Katy earlier this year and I want to just assure you that she is one of the sweetest people I have ever met. (Just like what you said happened at the event) she spent close to 5 minutes with everyone in this meet and greet because she truly loves her fans and wants to get to know them. She has said before herself that she likes to spend time with her fans, not just 5 seconds. I understand that since it was such a large scale event it would have been better to go quickly to assure everyone got to meet Katy but from the stories I've heard it sounds more like it was more of the venues fault. The whole "VIP" thing is absolutely ridiculous and to me that sounds like the "important people"from the venue were being greedy and wanted their families to meet Katy but they should have had to wait like everyone else. That truthfully sounds like the main problem. Katy ALWAYS spends a good amount of time with each fan at signings/meet and greets and if those VIPs werent there it sounds like she may have been able to make it through most of the people that preordered the perfume. In my personal opinion Katy probably planned the whole time to end the night with doing a mass signing for everyone who showed up and just wasn't able to afford the perfume. So I do understand where your anger is coming from and I can honestly say if that happened to me that I would be extremely mad but if you look at the big picture it sounds like the people to be angry at are the people from the Grove. I hope this experience doesn't give you too much of a sour taste of Katy because she is truthfully a very sweet person who cares about her fans but she probably did not know what was going on because it was so overwhelming. I'm sorry you didn't get to have the experience of the meet and greet but happy you at least got an autograph! :) I hope you understand what I was trying to say in this post.
Watch Katy Perry's NEW Video For "Part Of Me" HERE: http://vevo.ly/GEUgmK

SICK AND TWISTED AFFAIR - the newest album from MY DARKEST DAYS is now available on iTunes http://fcrps.me/1p8.2rqR

Recent Autographs: Dia Frampton (x2) IP, Andrew Allen IP, Kellie Pickler Purchased, Hot Chelle Rae Purchased, Nick Jonas VV, Kelly Clarkson TTM

Favorite Autographs: Reba, American Idol Season 10 Contestants (signed pictures of me with them), Dia Frampton (signed Set list from her concert), Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift
TrekGirl1993
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TrekGirl1993 »

bud simpson wrote:I'm one of those that weren't "suckered" into buying the perfume. That doesn't make me less of a fan. This is the holiday season and I for one have no use to invest in a $60 bottle of perfume. Yes, Katy should have honered the time and stay for the people that bought the product, BUT I for one thought it was extremly nice of her to stick around and sign for the fans who were unable to afford to buy the perfume. She took her time so even if pongo didn't make it to the signing table he still got his own personal item sign, which he wouldn't have been able to get signed anyway since she was ONLY signing the perfume. So I don't understand all the fuss. Katy was awesome that day and one of the best when it coes to her fans!
I am sorry but there is no way you are a fan of Katy Perry's music.
And you were right it was the holiday season, you could have bought the perfume as a gift for a woman, and there you go a nice christmas present.
If you are such a fan of hers,Next time I see you at Kimmel tell me whats your favorite Katy Perry song, or better yet on June 26th at the premiere of Part of Me 3D on Hollywood Blvd I want to see you jumping around and dancing and singing to the music.
Formerly Starzgirl93, time for a fresh start, new name!
TrekGirl1993
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by TrekGirl1993 »

bud simpson wrote:I'm one of those that weren't "suckered" into buying the perfume. That doesn't make me less of a fan. This is the holiday season and I for one have no use to invest in a $60 bottle of perfume. Yes, Katy should have honered the time and stay for the people that bought the product, BUT I for one thought it was extremly nice of her to stick around and sign for the fans who were unable to afford to buy the perfume. She took her time so even if pongo didn't make it to the signing table he still got his own personal item sign, which he wouldn't have been able to get signed anyway since she was ONLY signing the perfume. So I don't understand all the fuss. Katy was awesome that day and one of the best when it coes to her fans!
Dude you totally missed the point of what he was mad about. And read his report, the handlers werent caring if she signed personal stuff as well, as the perfume.
She could have avoided all this and not caused a dangerous situation if she had just finished her commitment to the 100 or so people who spent the money on the item, like she was supposed to.
Formerly Starzgirl93, time for a fresh start, new name!
gghi18
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by gghi18 »

Starzgirl93 wrote:
Dude you totally missed the point of what he was mad about. And read his report, the handlers werent caring if she signed personal stuff as well, as the perfume.
She could have avoided all this and not caused a dangerous situation if she had just finished her commitment to the 100 or so people who spent the money on the item, like she was supposed to.
I agree with this 100%! She should have just kept her word for the 100 or so people.
I appreciate and welcome comments on the authenticity of autographs I have received. Thank you! Sincerely, gghi18 8)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marks-Autograph-Page/123624227817324?ref=hl (My autograph collection Facebook page).

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Panhandler/122294424546484 (Check out my short, independent film I wrote called, “The Panhandler,” which is currently in the works. "Like" the Facebook page and show us your love & support, please!)

Latest Success: Carl Reiner
dancingirl1
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dancingirl1 »

That is rude. People waited for her and she wants to leave early? "How Rude" LOL!
Hopefully you can get her VV or IP soon. {up}
Britney Spears==>> 6 #1 albums. 2 diamond albums. 8 platinum albums. 400+ awards. 200M+ records sold. Britney has sold over 45 million records this decade despite only releasing three albums. Globally, Britney has more #1 singles than any other female artist except Madonna and Rihanna. "Oops!...I Did It Again" by Britney is the 5th best selling album of the 2000s decade worldwide. Britney is the only female artist to chart her first seven albums in the top two of the Billboard 200. Britney has achieved at least one #1 album in 3 different decades (90's, 00's, 10's). Britney is the first solo female artist from the 90's to reach 1 billion Spotify streams. Despite NOT even being a single, 'Tom's Diner', ft. Britney , has become Giorgio Moroders best-selling digital track. 2015 Billboard Awards ratings reached a 14-year high, with numbers peaking during Britney's performance. She IS the princess of Pop. Bow Down! #StayMadHaters