A Very Busy Weekend Day 3 Sunday

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

A Very Busy Weekend Day 3 Sunday

Post by bud simpson »

It's even hotter today!
Day 3 Sunday.
It was more getting a rare name then the quantity.
Today I attended the West Hollywood Book Fair.
Though this years list wasn't as good as in the past years, my main goal was to get 80's icon Molly Ringwald to sign something else than just her book.
During her book tour this past year Molly strictly kept it to just the book. No memorbilia or photo opps were allowed. Also, get this, sometimes she would even pre-sign the books and just shake hands when you approached her at the table! Do you believe that? Having done this book fair since it started I figured this would be the best chance to getting her to sign other things, especially since I did buy her book. And to also get a photo opp.
I brought the book with me just to show her I did buy it and supported her. I think the reason she is kind on a snob is because of her manager/publicist/handler/ and husband. He pretty much controls her and tells her what to do. At the book fair he tells me that I have to buy another book to get her to sign a piece of memorbilia and take a picture. So I pulled a fast one on him and I just had her re-sign the book on the cover. That way I didn't have to buy another book but I still was able to get my Breakfast Club cast photo completely finished and I got the photo opp with her. Once she left the signing table forget it. She wouldn't even give you the time of day. Ringwald is not fan friendly! She is strickly all business!
Anyway I did reach my goal that day. Also at the book fair I got Adreanne Babeau, Amber Benson, and scream queen Cerina Vincent.
That was it for Sunday but it was an exausting week!
Heyheyyou
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: A Very Busy Weekend Day 3 Sunday

Post by Heyheyyou »

That is ashame...... Sorry to hear that Bud. I have had my share of encounters like that. I mean being all business and really not being fan friendly. Sometimes it is awesome you met them but on the other hand it is a letdown too because you like that person and you think is it really necessary?
WildChild96
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: A Very Busy Weekend Day 3 Sunday

Post by WildChild96 »

A very slick move! ;) Sometimes you have to do that to get what you want. I'm sorry to hear she was like that, but you didn't walk away empty-handed! Congrats! :)
Most Recent TTM: Clint Hill - 12/17
Most Recent IP: Ville Leino - 11/14