A Very Busy Weekend Day 1 Friday

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

A Very Busy Weekend Day 1 Friday

Post by bud simpson »

I had a VERY full autograph schedule this past weekend. And with the temperatures in the high 90's to 100's it was a quite a chore just to stay cool.
First Day 1: Friday.
I messed with two events. First I attended a luncheon to honor country music legend and star of the long running variety show, Hee Haw, Mr. Roy Clark.
In attendance besides Mr. Clark, were Hee Haw Honey's Barbi Benton, Gunilla Hutton, Misty Rowe, Marianne Rogers, and Linda Thompson. Former game show hosts Wink Martindale, and Tom Kennedy. Old time actors Jonathan Winters and Jane Withers. And Former Dodger coach Tommy Lasorda.
I added Roy and the Hee Haw Honey's to my Hee Haw soundtrack album that I already had Buck Owens signature on it. Tommy Lasorda I had him sign a baseball. And the others I got on photos.
Latter that same day I headed off to Debbie Reynolds opening night at the El Portal Theatre.
That night I got Mitzi Gaynor, Mindy Sterling, George Chakiris, Anne Jeffreys, Ruta Lee, Nigel Lythgoe, Stephanie Powers, Abbey Dalton, Richard Heard, Carol Connors, Kathleen Hughes, Jane Kean, Barbara Luna. Marjorie Lord, Peter Mark Richman, and Connie Steven.
Though I saw Mrs. Reynolds go into the theatre. She arrived at the last minute and told me that she'll sign for me on the last day. This isn't unusual. Sometimes the actor during the run of a performance or play is in a "work" frame of mind and they don't want to deviate this by taking time to sign autographs or take photo opps during the run. No big deal. She remembered my name and I'll see her this Sunday.
t-cards
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: A Very Busy Weekend Day 1 Friday

Post by t-cards »

Wow my dear friend!!!!!!! Sounds like you had a busy week! Did you get to meet Ann Rutherford or Michelle Lee? I was thinking about you!!! I hope you are well and rested!!!!!!!!! Congrats on your wonderful successes! Email me when you get the chance okay?:)

Stephanie Powers is one I would love to have! Congrats on her! Wish she signed through the mail! I loved her in McLintock!!!!
bud simpson
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bud simpson »

Thanks, as always, for the kind words.
Strange, usually Anne and Ann always attend events together. Though I saw Jeffrey's on Friday and Saturday, I didn't see Rutherford with her. She came solo.
t-cards
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by t-cards »

hmmm that's strange! Well it was nice still that you got Ann!!! How did the memorial service go?
Ethan Van Sciver
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Ethan Van Sciver »

Mitzi Gaynor....wow. That's huge. You're a lucky guy, Bud! :)