Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart In-Person successes!! :)

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
RYAN J.

Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart In-Person successes!! :)

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks to a very kind friend who got to meet Ian and Patrick after the 'Waiting for Godot" play, I was able to add three Ian McKellen's and Two Patrick Stewarts to my collection!! :shock: I love the Multi-signed X-men one! :D

Ian McKellen 6x8 In-Person 01 (Lord of the Rings)

Ian McKellen 6x8 In-Person 02 (The Da Vinci Code)

Patrick Stewart 4x6 In-Person 01 (Star Trek)

X-men Photo Multi-signed Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart

RYAN J. 8)
jpalmatier
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart In-Person successes!! :)

Post by jpalmatier »

awesome!!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks! I'm extremely happy with how they look! and such large signatures too! :D

RYAN J. 8)
James

Post by James »

Stewart signed X Men items? Wow!! :shock:
Well done!
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

James wrote:Stewart signed X Men items? Wow!! :shock:
Well done!
That surprised me too! He never signed non-play items at Hamlet, or Godot when I was there. I wish I'd have attempted to get him to sign my Hamlet programme at Godot now. I didnt because I got him to sign the Godot programme & didnt think he'd sign non-Godot stuff. Oh well, I'll have an opportunity in May at his next play.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
James

Post by James »

osiris wrote:
James wrote:Stewart signed X Men items? Wow!! :shock:
Well done!
That surprised me too! He never signed non-play items at Hamlet, or Godot when I was there. I wish I'd have attempted to get him to sign my Hamlet programme at Godot now. I didnt because I got him to sign the Godot programme & didnt think he'd sign non-Godot stuff. Oh well, I'll have an opportunity in May at his next play.
At Godot I got my autograph book and a DVD signed, but didn't dare try on X Men things!
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Thanks all!! Yes, the person who helped me with these was quite surprised that Patrick agreed to sign Star Trek and X-men photos too! :lol: So I'm quite happy!! Guess you never know until you try! ;-)

RYAN J. 8)
James

Post by James »

RYAN J. wrote:Thanks all!! Yes, the person who helped me with these was quite surprised that Patrick agreed to sign Star Trek and X-men photos too! :lol: So I'm quite happy!! Guess you never know until you try! ;-)

RYAN J. 8)
People have tried here, and got refused quite spectacularly!
osiris
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by osiris »

^ Indeed. It was a specific request on his part that he wouldnt sign Trek or XMen at the Hamlet stage doors (he & David Tennant both told the Production Managers this... he would respond to any VV though). I was told by the stage door at Godot that he'd only sign play merchandise. It makes this all the more remarkable lol

When did your friend get them to sign? I assume they were seperate events, as the Ian McKellen one is dated 2010 and Patrick finished the run in summer 2009 :)
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Favourite: David Tennant IP, John Barrowman IP, Patrick Stewart IP, Catherine Tate VV.
Newest: John Simm IP, Suranne Jones IP, Jonathan Groff IP.
mymymy

Post by mymymy »

Both Patrick and Ian are known for being very hard on any film item, let alone LOTR or Star Trek for example, however from my experience Ian can be a better signer, especially if you ask for a personalsation and Patrick is better if you meet him at other events, when he is not appearing in theatre himself.