Autograph Shows/conventions

Post your recent In Person successes and celebrity encounter photos here.
iceman197431
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by iceman197431 »

Just looking at that one in Milton Keynes and was going to ask my brother to get me a load of autographs. I then noticed the small print ' There will be a charge of between £10-£20 per autograph. please note you are paying for the autograph and not the photo.' What a rip off. I would rather wait and hope to get a picture back for the cost of two stamps I think.
Is this common for shows like this then where you have to pay for the autograph?
jonathan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jonathan »

Ones like Collectormania in Milton Keynes and the ones in Birmingham can work out very expensive like that and often there are so many guests you can only choose one becuase of the queues. Another prob is that when the regular guests at these conventions know that they can sell their autos for such money they become reluctant to sign for free TTM.

Most Conventions that I go to are about £2.50-£6 a ticket and for signins its normally £10 for a signed photo or they charge £5 to sign your own pictures, books whatever.

At the Only Fools and Horses convention it was £5 entry and signing was free. you could buy photos for them to sign from £1-£50 or they were quite happy to sign your own stuff. Although we did queue up for over 4 hours to get the autographs!
bohan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bohan »

i have attended every collectormania in milton keynes, i also attend memorabilia, expo and every other major uk autograph show. I dont mind paying £10-£20 for an auto and i spend hundreds at every event.

It's well worth it as you know the auto is genuine, photos are provided for free at the event, you get a photo taken with your favourite star and you can chat with the stars. It is so much fun, i have my photos from all the events on the net http://groups.msn.com/thehousethatbohanbuilt
bohan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by bohan »

also wanna add collectormania is free entry, expo is only a few quid and is an amazing event.

Cons where autos are less (like £10) are usually the themed weekend cons ran by groups like wolf and starfury weekend tickets for these shows range from £50 to £95

ant
becks69
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Post by becks69 »

If anyone is going to be in the city of Brisbane (state of Queensland), Australia - on the 9 and 10 April 2005, there is the "Supernova" convention at the RNA Showgounds. Tickets - about $17 for the day or a weekend pass is about $29 or $30.

Ray Park (Star Wars Ep 1)
Daniel Logan and Teumera Morrison (Star Wars Ep 2)
one or two actors from Harry Potter movies and LOTR movies
comic book writers, artists etc... and many more.

I read that Teumera Morrison will be charging $30.00 for an autograph, but not sure about anybody else.
And there will be the usual fan question/answer forum, meet and greet the actors, writers etc..

Regards
becks69
ammunitionized
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ammunitionized »

I think an autograph show would be cool although I'm getting the impression this is way way different from just a casual signing for one celebrity.

Paying for autographs? I bet the celebrities profit it from writing their name. To me that doesn't seem morally right... I mean to make money from signing a photo. It's like saying, "I'm so great I charge you to sign something." But that's just the way I see it. But I still think an autograph show sounds cool because it's 100% authentic because they're right in front of you. If only I could go to one...
-_Jessica_-
ammunitionized
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ammunitionized »

eBay would be a lot cheaper I think. But it's not personal (like you're not there with the celebrity) and COA's don't mean anything if it's a forgery, which is likely. I think all in all I prefer fan mail. At least in terms of convenience.
-_Jessica_-
SamAndAlsGirl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Chiller

Post by SamAndAlsGirl »

There is also another event called Chiller Theatre in the US. [url]http://www.chillertheatre.com/
{??} Lyni {??}
If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities. - Maya Angelou
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks SamAndAlsGirl {up}

The address has been added.

Fanmail 8)