Sample Letter - Long but it's been working good.

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.

Moderator: admin

horserescue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Sample Letter - Long but it's been working good.

Post by horserescue »

Feel free to use what you want from it. - Edited 1/22/2008 fixed quotation marks only.

Dear

My goal in life is to Save and Rescue as many horses as I can.

Triple "L" Horse Rescue, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non profit public charity dedicated to saving the American horse from starvation, abandonment, neglect, abuse, slaughter and from owners who can no longer keep their horse for whatever reason. We provide equine rescue regardless of age or disability and we strive to give as many as we can a second chance at life and love. To date, we have rescued 8 horses in our 2 years of operation; found forever loving homes for 3, had to sadly euthanize 1, and continue to rehabilitate 3 of our remaining horses here at the rescue and 1 of our ponies at a foster home.

At the present time we are fighting to keep our doors open. Our landlord has given us notice requesting us to move ASAP and he will not allow us to have more than 3 horses at the rescue unless we pay an additional $400 a month rent. That additional rent would take away from the horses so we moved one of our ponies to a foster home temporarily.

That is why we are writing to you today. We are hosting a "Home for the Horses Benefit Auction" on March 15, 2008. The goal of this event is to raise awareness and funds for Triple "L" Horse Rescue (TLHR) because at risk horses need a safe haven and in order to give them one we must raise funds to find a new home.

We most humbly request your assistance in our efforts by requesting a personal item from you for the auction; if it's signed, that will help even more. Monetary donations are also welcome; we can use that towards the down payment of a new home. Items that are received will be placed in our live and silent auction. The proceeds from our event will go towards the purchase of a new home for the horses. The purchase of a home for the horses (present and future) will guarantee that they will never have to worry about losing their home again. I have attached a copy of our newsletter, which describes Triple "L" Horse Rescue in greater detail.

Your donation is fully tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. Upon receipt of your donation TLHR will send a tax-deductible receipt for your records. We will also list your name and item donated in our program and on our website. If you would like more information about TLHR, I invite you to visit our website at http://www.triplelhorserescue.com.

We look forward to your favorable response. If you require additional information or have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 000-000-0000 or through email:

Thank you for your generous support.

Sincerely yours,
Last edited by horserescue on Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
proud2bevilla
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Sample Letter - Long but it's been working good.

Post by proud2bevilla »

That sounds really good and it is not too long, I think its just the right length.

Olof Mellberg 2001-2008 Villa Legend
GeorgeStar
Interests:

Post by GeorgeStar »

Thats a realy good letter, It is well structured and gives a clear description of what your cause is, what you need and how it will help. It is also just the right length, I wouldn't change it at all!
G E O R G E
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Looks well written to me too! {thumb2} I'm sure you'll get many responses from it! Keep us posted on all your latest successes :D

RYAN J. 8)
horserescue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by horserescue »

Thanks everybody, really appreciate the input on the letter. Seems like you always second guess yourself on things. I find myself doing that a lot lately... lol

Here is the link to our gallery... everything we received is in there right now.

http://triplelhorserescue.com/auction/main.php

Have a good night and thanks again!
Sherry
GeorgeStar
Interests:

Post by GeorgeStar »

Some good successes Congrats :)
G E O R G E
horserescue
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by horserescue »

Thank you. We received a book, picture for the auction, letter, and a signed picture for me from Little Kiran. It is already added to our auction gallery. I always post our successes in the Feedback forum but never remember to put anything in the auction forum - sorry everyone. I'll try and remember to pop in here and post.

Hope everyone has a great day and a successful day!
Sherry
RYAN J.

Post by RYAN J. »

Best of luck on the Auction!! You've got some very cool items on there! {thumb2} {thumb2}

RYAN J. 8)
Bretcooper
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Bretcooper »

irynadreamer wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:08 am Thank you for this sample. I usually use website to get essay samples. But I didn't manage to find this kind of letter there.
yeah, agree with you