Some example dummy letters for Charity collections!

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.

Moderator: admin

TheCollector
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Some example dummy letters for Charity collections!

Post by TheCollector »

Hi all, {up}

I have posted below a dummy letter I wrote for user blitzkreig, and his proposed charity collection.

It is very similar to the one I have been using, so feel free to try it for your own charity collection. (Obviously change the details to suit your own!!!!)

If you lay it out properly it takes up about 3/4 of a page. You do not want it to go over a page if you can help it!

Basically you need an intro, a plea and a thank you! My advice is to try to include the bold underlined bit as if the celeb/agent does not want to read the whole letter, they can get the gist from this bit.

I will be adding other dummy letters here over the next few days!!!!!

Cheers {thumb2} [uk]
Ian
=========================================

Your address here
Xxxxx
Xxxxxx
Xxxx
Xxxx

Date here

e.g.
Paula Radcliffe
c/o Bedford And County Athletics Club
3 Regent Close
Bedford
MK41 7XG

Dear Paula,

I am writing in the hope that you will be able to help me in my attempt to raise funds for the Tsunami victims – 6 months on.

As we have all seen on recent news coverage, many people in the Tsunami-hit regions of Indonesia are still struggling to return to some form of normality a full half-year after the horrific events of 26th December 2004.

It is for this reason that I, and a small support group of fellow well-wishers have pledged to help raise much needed funds for the continuing assistance needed. To this end we are arranging a large “family orientated” fund raising event in September of this year, part of which will involve presentation of prizes for winners.

This is what has lead me to you!

It is our hope that willing celebrities will be generous enough to donate signed memorabilia or photographs for prizes, which will serve as a real incentive for people to participate.

I do understand how busy you are, but I would be so grateful if you could just take a minute to sign something. What might seem like a small thing for you would mean a great deal to the people we are aiming to help.

Thank you for your generous support.

Yours sincerely,

SIGNED
Diamond Matt
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Re: Some example dummy letters for Charity collections!

Post by Diamond Matt »

I have taken the job from my grandad to collect autographs for an auction he is going to hold for charity. He is mayor of our town, and all the money he raises at the end of the year goes to his chosen charitable causes..

This letter has really given me a helpful idea. Thanks. :)
Recent TTM Successes - Roland Scholton, Sid Waddell, James Wade, Colin Lloyd
Favourate Successes - David Beckham, Monty Panesar[IP], Nasser Hussain[IP]
Crazy_Kiss_Fan.
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by Crazy_Kiss_Fan. »

I'm got a question about charity requests. I have a friend who lost her home in the Iowa Floods of 2008 which just happened this summer. I was thinking of getting Paul Stanley to sign and then I was going to try and auction it on like ebay or post something in my church for an auction. Would that work? Or not? It's mainly to help a friend out to help her earn money to fix up her house after the floods. She lost everything.

Last Success: Tobias Sammet
Last Sent: None
Favorite Autograph Received: Alan Rickman & Adam Croasdell
Favorite IP: Trans-Siberian Orchestra (East Group)
Most Wanted: Hugh Jackman, Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Rhys Ifans, Tom Hiddleston, Bill Nighy
altonsuny
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by altonsuny »

Nice post. I like it. Thanks for sharing these information. Keep it up. :)
johnnylightninglives
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by johnnylightninglives »

I dont understand this post because what is a "charity collection" Is it a scam you are using to get autographs for yourself or to sell and keep all the money because this posting seems that way to me,its like you are telling people how to scam celebrities into signing things with lies about it being for a charity {down}
kateadventurebear460
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by kateadventurebear460 »

johnnylightninglives wrote:I dont understand this post because what is a "charity collection" Is it a scam you are using to get autographs for yourself or to sell and keep all the money because this posting seems that way to me,its like you are telling people how to scam celebrities into signing things with lies about it being for a charity {down}
Yes and no, yes you could lie but you would feel guilty after you got it, So it is not really that you totally get away with it cause you will always have that guilty feeling inside. And I hope that you guys would never do that because that would be like stealing and then lying to the person you stole from.
Be yourself don't be shy just be yourself you will feel more comfortable that way.

Selena Gomez (x4pp) (x4 authentic) David Henry, Jake T Austin, Jennifer Stone (x3), Debby Ryan (x2), Nicole Anderson (x2), David Deluise, Kari Jobe (x2)
Coco Jones, Amy Adams (pp), Denyse Tontz, Peyton List (x3), Stefanie Scott, Laura Marano (pp), Bella Thorne, Victoria Justice (x2), Carrie Underwood,
Tim Allen, Cameron Boyce, Karan Brar (x2 pp and 1 authentic) Ben Stiller (pp), Drew Seeley (x2) Blake Micheal (x2), Bill Cosby, Nathen Kress, Jimmy Carter, Barbara and George Bush, Bill Clinton, George Bush, Obama, Cookie Monster, Jordyn Weber, Kirsten Stewart (pp) The band Perry (x2), Cyrina Fiallo.
James
Interests:

Post by James »

johnnylightninglives wrote:I dont understand this post because what is a "charity collection" Is it a scam you are using to get autographs for yourself or to sell and keep all the money because this posting seems that way to me,its like you are telling people how to scam celebrities into signing things with lies about it being for a charity {down}
No, it's for people that want to raise funds for good cause, providing them with tips. Not for liars or frauds.