New at helping out a charity please help?

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.

Moderator: admin

kay_kay60

New at helping out a charity please help?

Post by kay_kay60 »

I have always been lurking this forum and always wanted to help a Charity but I was looking for a Charity to help and tonight I finally did it. I saw a Charity called American Lung Association of Maine. I really want to help out this charity and when I was looking at their webpage (mainelung.org) I also noticed that not all the money goes to Maine but other states. Do you think that is a charity that I should help? I think I may contact the owner of the webpage tomorrow and see about helping.

I also have some questions, when writing to a celebrity should you not send a picture, or an index card? And if you should what things should you NOT send, such as posters, articles ect?

Thank you!
vivalakayla
$10 gift certificate winner
Interests:

Post by vivalakayla »

Above is me, I just spazzed out and forgot to login then when I put kay_kay60 in the username spot i realized that wasn't my username, going from a username you use 24/7 then making a new one confuses you :P Sorry about that.
RobinTreksPeru
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector
Interests:

Post by RobinTreksPeru »

Hey

first of all, congrats on joining the growing ranks of those using their autograph collecting hobby to help out charities.

im sure the charity that you have chosen is a great one, its up to you if you want to supprot them. i dont think its a big deal that some of the money goes to other states, unless you specifically want to raise money for people in maine. if its a charity that you feel strongly about then go for it and help them out.

im sure if you have any questions about the charity then they will be delighted to answer them.

as for what you send to the celeb, its up to you. anything you want really that you would like to get signed.

best
Robin
Visit my Charity Web Journal @

http://the10grandcharitychallenge.wordpress.com

thanks
Robin
TheCollector
Interests:

Post by TheCollector »

Hey Kayla {up}

Congrats on choosing your charity!

Like Robin said, I would contact them to let them know you want to help. They might be able to help you with literature / stationery etc? :P

With regards to sending things, it is up to you, but personally I don't tend to send my own photos out at all (or vary rarely!) Most celebrities are happy to supply autographed items when you are collecting for charity.

All I would say though is that when you write your letter - remember to say something like "..... we would be really grateful if you would be able to provide us with a signed photograph, or other piece of memorablilia."

If you can get the bit in about "other memorabilia" you will find that some celebs will send you dvds, videos, cds, posters, clothing etc as well as just photos. At auction, autographed items usually make more than just photos!

I hope this helps you a bit!

Ian :mrgreen:
vivalakayla
Interests:

Post by vivalakayla »

Some of my friends donated some posters and dvd papers and stuff to be signed so far i sent a letter to a couple of people and sent what I had to them at the bottom of the letter I just stated that what I enclosed was all donated but whatever they, themselves can send would help.

I'm actually e-mailing about supplying stationary and stuff do you think they actually would? I think it would look alot better on that rather than white paper.

Anways thanks for all your help!

Post by Guest »

i think you should donate to 'keep a child alive'
that's my favorite

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:17 pm.