Another type of autographs-for-charity question

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
downtoearth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Another type of autographs-for-charity question

Post by downtoearth »

I recently got back into Canadian music - well, Canadian musicians; my three favorite bands are all Canadian regardless - and I ordered a book called Music From Far and Wide from Chapters. If one orders it from http://www.musicounts.ca/?page_id=1640#D7066, at least, it raises money to help fund school music programs. [ca] (I'm assuming it does through other sources as well, but I can't be sure.)

Since my book actually arrived in Boston two days after it was shipped, I was thinking of turning it into a fundraiser for myself. I want to keep the book, but I want to make a donation to a local program for young violinists for each autograph I get. (Have I mentioned that I play the violin?)

Would I have to contact the individual artists through twitter/facebook/website to say that I made a donation, or is there some other way I can do it? Do I need to make a website myself for this? Is it a way bigger deal than I think, and completely impossible?