Cycling for Cancer auction

Tell us about your own charity collection, or ask for advice from our charity experts.
sandervp

Cycling for Cancer auction

Post by sandervp »

Hello everybody,

On the sixth of june this year, I was at Alpe d'Huez, France.

I was not alone....

But I was there along with 5,000 other people to take part in a cycling and walking event called Alpe d'HuZes. This year was the 14th edition from the Alpe d’HuZes. The biggest reason why we were there, was collecting money for the Dutch KWF Cancer Fund. The KWF Cancerfund is using this money for research against Cancer.

My grandmother died of Cancer…. That was the reason why I take part of de Alpe d’HuZes…

I was there with a team. Our team consisted of 40 participants, 30 cyclists and 10 runners.
We’d collected money for the KWF Cancerfund by searching for team sponsors. Companies and peoples had helped us. Companies could choose from several options; Their company logo on our truck (truck sponsored by Fried van de Laar, a truck driver from the Dakar Rally), on a polo, jacket or our cycling clothing.

But we also organized several events like a 4 hour taking spinning marathon and an auction.

Next year is the following edition on june 4th. Our team is available again next year!
We organize an auction again. And for this auction, we are looking for auction items.

Last auction, we owned a lot of items. From sailing a day long to flying in a glider. From paintings to gift cards. And from an autographed cap to autographed soccer and cycling shirts.

We had several signed objects like the original Dakar Trophy 2017 signed by Gerard de Rooy and a signed cycling shirt signed by Mathieu van der Poel.
But we also had several signed soccer shirts; one signed PSV soccer shirt signed by the entire 2018/2019 selection, a by PSV keeper Jeroen Zoet, signed shirt, and signed keepershirt from Bayern Munchen keeper Jacintha Weimar. Also Philip Cocu had sponsored his costume form 2017-2018..

We are already looking for auction items for next year.

My question is;
Would you help us with collecting money for the Dutch KWF Cancerfund?

I am not asking you for money, but I am asking you for a merchandising item or clothing item autographed by a famous person for our auction.
The amount that it has delivered goes for 100% to the KWF Cancerfund.

Thank you for your time and thank you for your (re)action.

Greetings Sander van Pelt
A proud participant of the Alpe d’HuZes 2016, 2017, 2019 and 2020