Kate Mulgrew success (Via 'Equus' Venue)

Send your feedback for a movie set / theatre address you have tested.
Forum rules
Sponsored link: Try Amazon Music Unlimited Free Trial

Image Upload your pictures here: Surf My Pictures | Google Photos | Imgbb | Tumblr | Imgur

Image Search the message board Image
JBurgerC
$10 gift certificate winner

Kate Mulgrew success (Via 'Equus' Venue)

Post by JBurgerC »

Kate Mulgrew
'Equus', c/o The Broadhurst Theatre
235 West 44th Street
New York, NY
10036 USA

Sent a LOR, SASE, and 2 photos on Oct 8th, 2008 and I received a response Oct 23rd. (2 week wait).

Received both of my photos back personalized and with what are believed to be authentic signatures. Thanks fanmail.biz and thank you Ms. Mulgrew! :mrgreen:

Image Image
Recent TTM: Alan Rickman, Angela Lansbury VV, Willem Dafoe VV, Rachel McAdams, Julianne Moore VV, Trish Stratus, Nancy Cartwright, William H. Macy VV, Kristin Chenoweth, Melanie C., Rob Schneider, Wilford Brimley, Jorge Garcia VV, Crystal Bernard
Believed to be Authentic Autograph Count: 105
Selise

Re: Kate Mulgrew success (Via 'Equus' Venue)

Post by Selise »

fantastic success! They are authentic signatures. :)

Congratulations!

This belongs in the Via Venue forum.
Favorite Autographs: Luciano Pavarotti (IP), Joan Baez, Dorothy Hammill (IP)
Newest Autos: Tim Allen, Daniel Radcliffe x3, John Lithgow
Visit My Site (not all autos up yet!): http://selise.fotopic.net/ <-recently updated
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

Great success! {thumb2}

Ah yes . . . Queen Arachnia!

I mailed to her last Monday. I guess I should be seeing mine back in a little over a week then. I am a big Voyager fan. I still watch some of the repeats---I have my favorites, the same as with Next Gen. I have seen certain episodes several times.
willardcanada
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by willardcanada »

This might be a stupid question. Do you think sending IRC's to the venue would be advisable or should I find a way to acquire some US postage? Nightowl, what did you do being a fellow Canadian?
TTM Successes: Kat Von D, Christopher Plummer (x2), Jay Leno, David Tennant
Recent IP: Alex Burrows, Henrik Sedin
Misc: Stan Winston
JBurgerC

Post by JBurgerC »

@ willardcanada

Personally, I think IRC's are almost as much of an inconvenience to celebs and their secretaries as no postage at all! So...I just purchase US stamps from eBay.ca :razz:
Recent TTM: Alan Rickman, Angela Lansbury VV, Willem Dafoe VV, Rachel McAdams, Julianne Moore VV, Trish Stratus, Nancy Cartwright, William H. Macy VV, Kristin Chenoweth, Melanie C., Rob Schneider, Wilford Brimley, Jorge Garcia VV, Crystal Bernard
Believed to be Authentic Autograph Count: 105
nightowl
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by nightowl »

I buy my stamps from USPS. I call a toll free number and order them using my credit card.

Up until now I had a friend in the US that I would have them sent to for a $1 shipping charge. He then put them in another envelope and mailed them to me.

I have done that a number of times. But now it's not convenient for him so I ordered from USPS and had them delivered to me here in Canada. There is a $6 charge---which I knew about and was prepared to pay. BUT I wasn't thinking about being dinged for another $8.63 at the Canadian border ($5 handling fee and tax!!!). So to buy around $30 worth of US stamps it cost me around $15 shipping and handling to get it here!!!! Way to frickin' much if you ask me!

I have a few US email friends. I was thinking of asking one of them if there was a post office convenient to where they lived and have them buy them for me. I would mail them the US cash and they would just use that to buy it. I would just get them to remove the stamps from the cardboard packages and put them in a business envelope and give them an extra $1 to cover the cost of the envelope and postage.

That is if they agree to do it. I really hate to ask. I feel like I am bothering them. If it were a fellow collector and they needed Canadian stamps then I could return the favour for them and not feel guilty.

What I do if I can't get stamps, or run out, is just put enough US cash in to cover the return postage. Problem is that if it's vv they wouldn't have time to pop out to the post office to mail it---hence the same problem with IRCs. You can just hope they have an assistant or someone that can do it for them.

Do you know anyone in the US that can buy them for you and you send them the money for it? I looked on ebay but I need $1, $0.41, and $0.05 stamps and I couldn't find any. I'll look again. But you'll still get dinged for handling and tax if it's over $20 CA. :?
Larisie
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Larisie »

Hi,

Very nice success! Thanks for posting! {up}
Those are some nice pics!

You have been added to the list for the $10 allposters.com gift certificate.

Larisie
Thanks to -Lil1- for my great sig!