MLB Spring Training approaching, best players to send requests??

Chat about UFC/MMA, Baseball, Basketball, Football, Tennis, and Soccer here.
I Am Kernholio
$10 gift certificate winner

MLB Spring Training approaching, best players to send requests??

Post by I Am Kernholio »

Although Spring Training is still about 6 weeks away (Feb. 27 I believe) before you know it, it will be going on and over with! My collection is primarily from former players so I want to try and get more cards signed by current players. Asking anyone if they know the best players to send autograph requests TTM that are most likely to respond during the short duration of spring training. If you've had any success last year or in the past please let me know! I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. {up} {up}
[ K E R N ]
m4catky

Re: MLB Spring Training approaching, best players to send requests??

Post by m4catky »

Google TTM hotlists for Spring Training signers but no one is sure how things are going to go in 2021 since the pandemic hit after Spring Training started.

It will obviously be up to individual teams and players to decide on their own if they're willing to still sign even knowing the virus doesn't live on the surface over 24 hours. I can say for certain even knowing that information, my team the Cincinnati Reds still did not pass out fan mail once the regular season has started and they previously had. People could get Joey Votto, Raisel Iglesias etc during regular season in the past. Apparently some teams still did fan mail but there was no blanket policy for all MLB teams to follow.

Will teams adopt the same policies at the Spring Training complexes? Who knows exactly yet but 2021 will be another year of risks in the TTM community until people test and share results.

https://youtu.be/PVOjvZzgRQU

Follow this guy's site, if there's a way he'll surely be on top of it.

http://ttmautograph.com/best-baseball-signers-of-2019/
I Am Kernholio

Post by I Am Kernholio »

m4catky wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:14 pm Google TTM hotlists for Spring Training signers but no one is sure how things are going to go in 2021 since the pandemic hit after Spring Training started.

It will obviously be up to individual teams and players to decide on their own if they're willing to still sign even knowing the virus doesn't live on the surface over 24 hours. I can say for certain even knowing that information, my team the Cincinnati Reds still did not pass out fan mail once the regular season has started and they previously had. People could get Joey Votto, Raisel Iglesias etc during regular season in the past. Apparently some teams still did fan mail but there was no blanket policy for all MLB teams to follow.

Will teams adopt the same policies at the Spring Training complexes? Who knows exactly yet but 2021 will be another year of risks in the TTM community until people test and share results.

https://youtu.be/PVOjvZzgRQU

Follow this guy's site, if there's a way he'll surely be on top of it.

http://ttmautograph.com/best-baseball-signers-of-2019/
Thanks for the feedback I appreciate it. Yeah I figured with the continuing rise of Covid everything's up in the air for the time being and some players or teams might not be signing. Just seeing if anyone had any success in the last couple seasons. Yeah Iglesias was one I was planning to send to. I'll try Votto now that you mention it. I saw that some people had success from Felix Jorge as well, he plays for the Twins now, which is actually my top team, so I was going to try him as well. Last year during to the regular season I tried sending to Nick Castellanos at The Great American Ball Park address but it came back as an insufficient address or non deliverable one. Oh yeah, I didn't even think about the Troy Rutter YouTube channel. I'm subscribed to his page but haven't been on there for a while, I'll definitely be checking there. {up}
[ K E R N ]
m4catky

Post by m4catky »

I don't know the Angels policies with Raisel getting traded there but hoping they pass out mail because I have cards to get signed by him. He has a good track record of signing TTM throughout his career. I'm not suggesting Votto as one to try now with his recent TTM success rate but anyone's worth a shot if you don't mind the risk involved with TTM/pandemic times and have the resources to spend. I'm targeting other teams these days. Votto/Iglesias just two names from the Reds that came to mind first from the team I follow and enjoy collecting autographs from the most.

As always, feel free to pick any player you want and search their successes here or on SCF TTM Manager. I appreciate those who will accept mail on the side from their team handling the mail. Cincinnati generally is not a 'fan friendly' organization anymore. The older days were different, I've gotten Larkin, Casey, Cueto, David Ross, Brandon Phillips, Mike Leake, Edwin Encarnacion & Dusty Baker.

Votto is a tough get TTM these days and used to be in person but have seen him mellow out towards fans in his older years with some recent clips in pregame/YouTube of him signing. I had to settle for getting his through a hefty donation to the Reds Community Telethon in 2018 but as a Reds fan was worth it. My addresses changed a lot being in the military and did not do TTM during his peak. The last TTM success I've seen on him was one in 2015. He appeared to be a decent signer TTM through 2012 both Spring Training & Regular season with many failures since then. Never had luck with him at the 40 or so games I attended from 07-11.