Questions about letters

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
peapod1701
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Questions about letters

Post by peapod1701 »

I need to have some clarification about sending a letter. I have one ready to send to Elaine Stritch and I saw that someone posted that he sent a letter only and got a picture back which is what I'm hoping for too. I need to know if I should put my regular envelope inside a bigger manila envelope and if I need to send an SASE for her to send the picture back.

Thanks

I didn't know where else to post this so I hope it's alright.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Questions about letters

Post by capmonte »

Definitely send a SASE; it increases your chances big time when the celeb doesn't have to pay the postage.

I usually use either 8x10 or 9x12 envelopes and fold one inside the other.
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
jdp3577
$10 gift certificate winner
$10 gift certificate winner

Re: Questions about letters

Post by jdp3577 »

no I think your a little confused here.
I need to know if I should put my regular envelope inside a bigger manila envelope and if I need to send an SASE for her to send the picture back.
you put your SASE inside another envelope(addressed to the celeb) with your letter, I dont really know anything about the person your sending to, but Id always send a SASE
#-John-#