How to aks for another autograph?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
MangoToaster
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

How to aks for another autograph?

Post by MangoToaster »

If we already received one, and we want another one,
how long should we wait to ask for another one?
and will the celeb remember us from before and not send us one?
rachumz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: How to aks for another autograph?

Post by rachumz »

Depending on how popular the celebrity is, I'd say they probably won't remember you, especially if they get hundreds on fanmail letters a week, but perhaps the less popular ones may remember you.
You should probably write them a letter not mentioning that you already have their autograph.
Collecting autographs since 2001!
johnnylightning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by johnnylightning »

rachumz wrote:Depending on how popular the celebrity is, I'd say they probably won't remember you, especially if they get hundreds on fanmail letters a week, but perhaps the less popular ones may remember you.
You should probably write them a letter not mentioning that you already have their autograph.
I disagree you should write to them and tell them you already wrote to them and got their autograph that way they know your a big fan to be writing again plus if they do remember you and you don't mention writing before they will think your trying to trick them and then you probably won't hear back. I would just say your such abig fan and you found some pics you love and you were wondering if they would consider autographing them and if not its ok type thing.
Icena
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Icena »

I'd say leave it at least 6 months to a year, minimum, unless there's a specific reason why you need to write to them at a certain time. Do you really need more of their autographs? If you're writing to see how they're doing, then I understand it, but if you want more autographs, just send 2/3 photos the first time around.
R.I.P Jeremy Brett, The Only Sherlock Holmes I've Ever Known.