hello

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
ToMmm
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

hello

Post by ToMmm »

Hello:D ?'am the new member.. can ? something question? You wrote this is not real ... ? don't uderstand and ? send photo and letter how can ? send? can you help and ??'M live in turkey in konya:D please
stevkang8
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: hello

Post by stevkang8 »

Hey welcome to fanmail buddy!

So to start yourself up in the autograph collecting field it is not too hard. Well first, obviously you will need to know who you want to obtain autographs from. Say you want Kate Winslet, go search for her address in the database (just type the person's name in the search tool bar on the top) and then click on the first one, it will be her address page. Then you need to write a Letter Of Request (LOR), in her language of course, basically tell her how you adore her and how much it would mean to you having her authentic autographs. Then what I would suggest is you go find some pictures featuring her and put into the envelope so she has something to sign as soon as she see your request. Lastly, which I personally believe to be the most important part other then writing a good LOR, is that you need to prepare a Self-Addressed-Stamped-Envelope (SASE). It is just an empty envelope with your name on it as the recepient and her name on it as the sender (her name is optionalm you don't really need it but I would still say for your own sake, do it :D!), so after she autographs your pictures (or she might provide her own), she will just be able to put it in to the SASE and drop it in the mailbox. For you it might be a little tough to get the British or American stamps becuase you live in Turkey, in the case I will say put in a $1 American bill, that should do the trick (I have personally done it several times). And when all of the above are done, put your LOR, pictures featuring the celebrity and the SASE into an envelope and send it to her using the address you found in database and you're all set!!! Then what you could do is just wait, it might take even longer for your since you don't live in North America (even for a Canadian like me it takes longer than what it would for the American fans).

So to summarize it:

1: Write a GOOD LOR.
2. Get some pictures featuring the celebrity. (usually 1 or 2, don't put too many so they think you're greedy.)
3. Prepare a SASE.
4. Put the LOR, photos, SASE into an envelope and send it to her using the address found in the database.
5. Wait! Patience is a virtue!!

It is not that hard, I personally only started collecting my favourite celebrities autograph in mid February this year, and I already got like 10 authetic ones :D. So go ahead, start doing it and all the best of luck to you!!! Cheers!!

Lin [ca]
Autographs Received:
AU: 25
PP: 20
AP: 1