International Replies?

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
chloexxjonas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

International Replies?

Post by chloexxjonas »

Yeah so I live in Ireland and some of the autographs I want are from people that are based in places like the States.

Im just wondering what would I send with the letter and picture so that people would reply.?

Thanks.
Filip_u
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: International Replies?

Post by Filip_u »

Some people pay with their money for reply to you , but you can buy International Request Coupon (IRC) and put that in envelope .

:D
chloexxjonas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chloexxjonas »

Filip_u wrote:Some people pay with their money for reply to you , but you can buy International Request Coupon (IRC) and put that in envelope .

:D
Do you have any idea where to get some of them? I have ever heard of them before this. :o
Could I just send an international stamp in it?
MARK 389
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by MARK 389 »

Post office, I bought them in january, cost about £1.20
Sammya
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Sammya »

You need to send a SASE with US stamps on it, you can buy them from people on here, in the trade section. Or, you can you IRCs (Internation Reply Coupons - the celebrity or her/his assistent will change them for the stamps to Ireland, so you basically pay for the return postage in this way), they sell them at post offices. Usually you need to use 1 - 3 for one request, depending on how big and how many photos you are sending and want to get back.
>> My autograph collection site << *NEW WEBSITE!*
skidd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by skidd »

Hey
I live in Ireland too, I'm afraid you won't be able to get any IRCs here. I asked about it in several post offices, they say they stopped doing them a few years ago, apparently we're one of the few countries who doesn't sell them anymore. You might be able to find a few old sets that have been left over, but no where is stocking them currently.
The other option is to buy some American/UK (wherever) stamps online and put them on a return envelope, but it's a bit of a hassle, especially if you don't have a credit card. Personally, I just chuck in a few dollars to cover costs and explain that they don't sell IRCs here.
chloexxjonas
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by chloexxjonas »

skidd wrote:Hey
I live in Ireland too, I'm afraid you won't be able to get any IRCs here. I asked about it in several post offices, they say they stopped doing them a few years ago, apparently we're one of the few countries who doesn't sell them anymore. You might be able to find a few old sets that have been left over, but no where is stocking them currently.
The other option is to buy some American/UK (wherever) stamps online and put them on a return envelope, but it's a bit of a hassle, especially if you don't have a credit card. Personally, I just chuck in a few dollars to cover costs and explain that they don't sell IRCs here.
Thanks Ive been having that problem.! lol ,i've been talking to some people I know and they say that international stamps do about the same. So I think im going to try that.
skidd
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by skidd »

irish_angel wrote:I'm also in Ireland and haven't been able to get IRC's in any of the PO's that i've asked about then in so i have been buying US Forever stamps from eBay and using them on my SASE's.
Interesting, I've never tried those before. Just out of interest, what kind of prices do you pay, and how many do you need per envelope?