:D

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
channyc123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

:D

Post by channyc123 »

Hi does anybody know if celebrities take their fanmail home from via-venue?

I sent a letter to:

[uk] Beyonce Knowles
[uk] Taylor Swift
[uk] Jonas Brothers

I sent these off in November and December but still havnt recieved anything back :(

I sent them to Manchester - MEN Arena - as they were doing a tour in there.

I am sure i would of atleast got a RTS from the MEN Arena.
I included S.A.S.E and pictures to be signed.

Could some1 let me know please :) Thanks!
SophieBooty
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: :D

Post by SophieBooty »

Some celebrities will take fanmail with them after the via-venue date and just sign it whenever they get the time. :D
Sadly some celebrities don't sign via-venue at all {down}
Sophieee(;
I LOVE Ant & Dec! :)
73 Days until America!
"I can handle this! "Handle" is my middle name. Actually, "handle" is the middle of my first name" -Chandler Bing.
KaDaWe
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by KaDaWe »

SophieBooty wrote:Some celebrities will take fanmail with them after the via-venue date and just sign it whenever they get the time. :D
I wrote to Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman on 21st November 2009 to the Schoenfeld Theatre - so 15 days before the play ends. But I don't receive something - do you think I receive it in the next days?
My autograph collection: http://www.kais-autographs.com
My Harry Potter autographs: http://www.potter-autographs.jimdo.com
Best successes: James Belushi, Michael Gambon, David Bradley, Robert Hardy, Dirk Nowitzki, Imelda Staunton, David Thewlis, Mark Williams, Alan Rickman
Most Wanted: Charley Boorman, Charlie Sheen, Angus T. Jones, Jon Cryer, Larry Joe Campbell, AC/DC
Last success: Phil Jackson (LA Lakers)
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

KaDaWe wrote:
SophieBooty wrote:Some celebrities will take fanmail with them after the via-venue date and just sign it whenever they get the time. :D
I wrote to Daniel Craig and Hugh Jackman on 21st November 2009 to the Schoenfeld Theatre - so 15 days before the play ends. But I don't receive something - do you think I receive it in the next days?
Normally Hugh uses an AP, and Daniel normally "laser signs" his autos, Daniel was authentically signing everything VV but Hugh was only signing playbills (which I requested one but never got it), I guessing if you haven't gotten anything by now, you probably won't, I know I've given up hope on my final sent requests to them.

Answering the original question, I do know that a bunch of us sent to Jerry Seinfeld at the same Venue, I know this because I received mine first and when I posted, like 12 people posted or PMed me about also sending to Jerry and not receiving yet, If memory serves me I think it took almost 2 weeks for everyone to receive everything back, basically Jerry signed a little at the venue and took his mail with him on the road, and answered them when he got a chance. I think of VV as a gamble, it either pays off big, or not at all, but usually worth the try
Most Recently Sent: Larry King,George Foreman
Most Recent Successes: Bret Michaels, RL Stine
Most Recent In Person: Bret Michaels, Tommy Smothers Signed Give Peace A Chance Vinyl
Favorite Autographs: Chesley Sully Sullenberger AKA Pilot who landed plane on the Hudson, Kari Byron (Hot pic)
Favorite Personalization: Henry Winkler (Fonzie)
Most Authentic Successes in a day: 3, Most sends in a day: 7, RTS to date: 4 Sec's: 2, PP/AP: 18 Authentic: 92
channyc123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by channyc123 »

Does Taylor Swift answer vv or do you think she takes the letters with her? xx

magicdude20 wrote:
KaDaWe wrote:
Normally Hugh uses an AP, and Daniel normally "laser signs" his autos, Daniel was authentically signing everything VV but Hugh was only signing playbills (which I requested one but never got it), I guessing if you haven't gotten anything by now, you probably won't, I know I've given up hope on my final sent requests to them.

Answering the original question, I do know that a bunch of us sent to Jerry Seinfeld at the same Venue, I know this because I received mine first and when I posted, like 12 people posted or PMed me about also sending to Jerry and not receiving yet, If memory serves me I think it took almost 2 weeks for everyone to receive everything back, basically Jerry signed a little at the venue and took his mail with him on the road, and answered them when he got a chance. I think of VV as a gamble, it either pays off big, or not at all, but usually worth the try
x hayley x
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by x hayley x »

I got a success from Taylor VV in May last year when she first came to the UK, but there doesn't seem to have been any VV successes from her recent tour.
I also sent to Beyonce VV around the same time that I wrote to Taylor but never heard anything back from her.
The M.E.N are fantastic with passing along fanmail so as long as you sent the letters in plenty of time then they will have been passed on to the celebrities, so it's up to them to reply now, hopefully they will {up}
Thanks -Lil1- for the amazing set!
Favourite autographs: Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lady Antebellum, Paul Daley, Rashad Evans, Chris Leben and Ariel Helwani
Most wanted: Mariah Carey, Michelle Rodriguez, Shania Twain, Michael Bisping, GSP and Dixie Chicks
channyc123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by channyc123 »

ahh ok - so hopefully they took my letter with them and hopefully will recieve something soon!

Do you know if the Jonas Brothers sign vv aswell because i sent them a letter too :) x

x hayley x wrote:I got a success from Taylor VV in May last year when she first came to the UK, but there doesn't seem to have been any VV successes from her recent tour.
I also sent to Beyonce VV around the same time that I wrote to Taylor but never heard anything back from her.
The M.E.N are fantastic with passing along fanmail so as long as you sent the letters in plenty of time then they will have been passed on to the celebrities, so it's up to them to reply now, hopefully they will {up}