need help who are these people

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
bigcurt
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: need help who are these people

Post by bigcurt »

First of all yes I do sell some of my autographs.I don't have a job right now so the money I make from selling them goes towards the hobby.I use the money to pay for other autographs that I get.I don't spend this money on anything else.It is a expensive hobby when you don't have no money coming in.And for these ones I that I don't know who they are they are not for sale.I only sell ones that I have more than one of.If I have two or three of the same person I will sell.And yes I try and collect as many different autographs as I can get just like most of the other people on here.I see tons of people who get lots of different autographs back and you can't tell me they are fans of all of the people they are getting especially when they are getting multiple success's everyday of a week.If you recieve over 100 autographs per year like many people do it is pure bull**** that you are a fan of all of them.I don't sell my autographs to profit from them.

Thanks curt
Last edited by bigcurt on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arrowsup
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by arrowsup »

oh, alright..... I'll give you the most obvious one -- #7 -- he spells his name pretty clearly in his sig and his website is printed on the card. www.raoulbova.it. .......You guessed it its Raoul Bova! - the Italian film and TV star (perhaps best known to North American audiences for his roles in "Under the Tuscan Sun" with Diane Lane, and "Alien vs. Predator")
magicdude20
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by magicdude20 »

I think some of the frustration geared toward yourself is a combination of 2 things, 1 there are people who only get autos for selling and those people often say nasty things on the boards about celebs who send out PP's and AP's, some of those people get annoying, and second, there do seem to be more and more people posting about an "unknown success". Granted I can understand how this can happen in some cases, for example, I sent a request to David X. Cohen exective producer of Futurama (he's great on the commentary), I included a picture for his to sign, if he send me a different picture in return instead, I might not recognize him given that I really only know him by voice.
Most Recently Sent: Larry King,George Foreman
Most Recent Successes: Bret Michaels, RL Stine
Most Recent In Person: Bret Michaels, Tommy Smothers Signed Give Peace A Chance Vinyl
Favorite Autographs: Chesley Sully Sullenberger AKA Pilot who landed plane on the Hudson, Kari Byron (Hot pic)
Favorite Personalization: Henry Winkler (Fonzie)
Most Authentic Successes in a day: 3, Most sends in a day: 7, RTS to date: 4 Sec's: 2, PP/AP: 18 Authentic: 92
channyc123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by channyc123 »

Well it was just a thought.

But it is the same here every success i have recieved i know who they are.

arrowsup wrote:
channyc123 wrote:Even though Curtis doesn't know who they are doesnt mean he wants to sell them - he may want them to go with his autograph collection? /quote]

Really? so you think that people collect autographs?, I think people collect autographs of people they admire. This person is a seller, just check out his other posts -- they will be listed on this board FS or FT soon. No one has to tell me who my successes are from -- I chose them as people I am interested in and admire, and I immediately know who they are.
channyc123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by channyc123 »

Magigdude - i agree with this comment :)

magicdude20 wrote:I think some of the frustration geared toward yourself is a combination of 2 things, 1 there are people who only get autos for selling and those people often say nasty things on the boards about celebs who send out PP's and AP's, some of those people get annoying, and second, there do seem to be more and more people posting about an "unknown success". Granted I can understand how this can happen in some cases, for example, I sent a request to David X. Cohen exective producer of Futurama (he's great on the commentary), I included a picture for his to sign, if he send me a different picture in return instead, I might not recognize him given that I really only know him by voice.