Question for sending photos...

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
jeanhottie123
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Question for sending photos...

Post by jeanhottie123 »

I have a question about sending photos.... Like do we have to put another envelope in the one we send so they can send it back to us? [ugotmail]
Katyealy
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Question for sending photos...

Post by Katyealy »

Well you should always send a letter and then send a big envelope, if you have a picture to be signed than send it if you don't ask for one in the letter. You'r chances of getting an autograph are ALWAYS better if you send an 2nd envelope stamped, addressed to you so they don't have to pay for you'r postage or take the time to write you'r address on their envelopes.

Hope I helped!!!
xx-Katyealy [ugotmail]
jadedwayjaded
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by jadedwayjaded »

Yep, anything you can do to make it as easy on the actor as possible, you greatly increase your chances as getting a response (you can check my site, www.starsearching101.webs.com, which goes more into it). 10x13 envelopes are kind of awkwardly big for mailing, best is to fold a 9x12 SASE (complete with enough stamps for the return mail) inside another 9x12, add your photo (if you have one) and letter - and you're off!

Good luck in your writing!

Don
EastendersFan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by EastendersFan »

I always send a stamped self C5 envelope folded up in a C5 envelope along with my letter. You are more likely to receive an autograph if you pay postage. Plus i think its more polite.

Good luck {up}
Paigey012

Post by Paigey012 »

Yes {up}
Its called a SASE. Always send one in with your letter so that the celeb doesnt have to pay for postage.
takying
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by takying »

jeanhottie123 wrote:I have a question about sending photos.... Like do we have to put another envelope in the one we send so they can send it back to us? [ugotmail]
Yes, it's always good to include one more envelope, better to be addressed and stamped. Some celebrities are kind enough to provide envelopes, but it will be a bit risky. If you don't have stamps from that country, then you may include an IRC (International Reply Coupon) as the coverage of the letter return. If you really can't buy any, just include a SAE and explain it in the letter. Most celebrities will be kind enough to pay for you.

Good luck with your requests! 8)

Takying
khackdrums

Post by khackdrums »

Hi, I would recommend always sending a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope). It is the curtious thing to do and it will increase your chances of recieving a reply.

Thanks for the question! {up}

Khackdrums :D