im new, can i get a few questions answered??

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
puppylove200
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

im new, can i get a few questions answered??

Post by puppylove200 »

what does SASE mean?? i have a list of celebs that i would like to send away for autographs.. and i would like to kno what that means... also, on average, how many IRC (international reply coupons), do i send for each autograph??

thankyou
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: im new, can i get a few questions answered??

Post by Johnny's Fan »

Hey there!

Well I can help you with the first question. SASE means: Self addressed stamped envelope. So when you send a request to a celebrity, you supply the return envelope already with your name on it, and the stamps as well.

As for IRC's, I've never used them myself so I really wouldn't know. :lol:

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen
puppylove200
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by puppylove200 »

thankyou!! do you think you would be so kind as to like explain the process of it all?? like i said, im new and i really dont want to screw anything up.. like labelling what and how..lol, otherwise, i kno i will screw it up..lol
takying
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by takying »

puppylove200 wrote:thankyou!! do you think you would be so kind as to like explain the process of it all?? like i said, im new and i really dont want to screw anything up.. like labelling what and how..lol, otherwise, i kno i will screw it up..lol
hi puppylove200! Welcome :mrgreen:

Normally when you want to start fanmailing, you have to first find out some celebrities that you would like to mail them. Then you try to search their addresses in this website. We can also read about others' successes reported here. It gives you a general idea how long it will take and the chances of getting the autographs.

Once you have decided what address to be used, you can either write or type a letter to the celebrity. In the letter, you can introduce yourself as well as mentioning why and how you like him/her. Try to ask for an autograph politely there, too. Once finished, you have to write the address on an envelope, as well as your return address in case the letter could not be delievered. You may also include a photo for the celebrity to sign. But it's also okay if you don't, as most celebrities do have their own pics to be sent out. Remember to include a self-addressed envelope. It'd be great if you could stamped it. If you don't have stamps from that country, it is always polite to include IRC. If it's just a normal 5"x7" envelope with a signed photo, one IRC should be enough.

After that, go to the nearby post office to weight how much it costs to send out the letter. I suggest you to go there at least once, as to know how much the postage cost per letter.

While waiting for your success, please be patient and do not send again to the celebrity within a short period of time. Or they will think you are a seller.

Hope the piece of information is useful to you.

Takying