Hello, New here and need some help:)

Need help? Tips? Tricks? This is the place to ask any questions related to autograph collecting. New collectors, post your questions here!
ace_cora
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Hello, New here and need some help:)

Post by ace_cora »

Hey Guys,
Im new to fan mail. And im so lost about the SASE, Im afraid I wont get anyhting back:)
Anyone have any pointers?
NEW TO ALL OF THIS
AND I LOVE IT!
Rebafan

Re: Hello, New here and need some help:)

Post by Rebafan »

ace_cora wrote:Hey Guys,
Im new to fan mail. And im so lost about the SASE, Im afraid I wont get anyhting back:)
Anyone have any pointers?
Welcome to the forum!

A sase is a self addresses stamped envelope that you put in the envelope that you are sending your letter of request in. Sending the SASE helps the person out because they won't have to pay for the postage and your address will already be on it. You also will have a better chance of getting a response.

Hope this helped,

RebaMcEntire
ace_cora
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ace_cora »

Thanks, any helpful tips?
NEW TO ALL OF THIS
AND I LOVE IT!
Rebafan

Post by Rebafan »

ace_cora wrote:Thanks, any helpful tips?
Don't forget to send a piece of cardboard too (one that doesn't weigh that much).

Aaron
cazcaz
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by cazcaz »

rebamcentire wrote:
ace_cora wrote:Thanks, any helpful tips?
Don't forget to send a piece of cardboard too (one that doesn't weigh that much).

Aaron
I buy A5 hard-backed envelopes from the Post Office or eBay and use those. They're great, I've never had any damaged. {thumb2}
Recent successes: David Tennant (IP), Catherine Tate (IP), Steven Moffat, Professor Brian Cox, Peter Jones, James Fleet
nowandagain

Post by nowandagain »

Welcome to the forum ace_cora :D

Some tips for SASE's include:

- Ensure you have enough postage on your SASE. If you know that postage is going to go up in price soon - you might want to add a bit of extra postage to ensure it gets back to you
- If you're sending photos you'll only need a SASE big enough to fit your photos. If you're not, aim to send a large 9x12 inch envelope as almost any sized photo will fit in there
- Make sure your address is clear and legible
- Include cardboard (in particular for larger envelopes) to stop your photos from bending
- Write "Do Not Bend" on your envelopes

I hope that helped!

nowandagain [rockon]