DVD COVER SUCCESS??????

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: DVD COVER SUCCESS??????

Post by capmonte »

My signed DVD covers so far:

John Carpenter - Halloween/The Fog
Patty McCormack - The Bad Seed/Mommy
Leslie Nielsen - Naked Gun
Russell Johnson - Attack of the Crab Monsters
Joe Dante/Mick Garris - Trailers from Hell Vol. 1
Bob Baker (Doctor Who writer) - Doctor Who: The Invisible Enemy
Graeme Harper (Doctor Who Director) - Doctor Who: Caves of Androzani
Creature from the Black Lagoon Legacy set - Julie Adams, Lori Nelson, Brett Halsey, Gregg Palmer, Bob Burns, Tom Weaver

DVD inserts:
Barbara Rush - It Came from Outer Space
Sally Field - Steel Magnolias
Peter Sallis (voice of Wallace)/Bob Baker (writer) - Wallace and Gromit: The First Three Adventures
Humbert Allen Astredo - Dark Shadows (booklet)

VHS:
Karen Black - Trilogy of Terror
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
capmonte
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by capmonte »

diablo23 wrote:
johnnylightning wrote:... and even if i do get it back signed i can't put it back in the case with the movie because the plastic on the case probably isn't acid or pvc free so i send pictures 99% of the time.
thats an interesting aspect. somebody got experiences with that? Would like to know what happens with the signature when it's 5 or 10 years in a dvd-case...
My signed Trilogy of Terror VHS is a clamshell package; the plastic is very much like what we have nowadays with DVDs, where there is a plastic wraparound shielding the removable cover. The cover insert was signed about 10 years ago and the signature still looks pristine:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =fbx_album
2014 Successes:
Tom Baker, Patrick Stewart (vv), Peter Cullen, Robin Atkin Downes, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Trace Beaulieu, George Lowe, Joe Dante, Willem Dafoe, Jeffrey Brown, Maurice LaMarche, Alan Oppenheimer, Penn & Teller (last success 10/14/14)
rittdk01
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rittdk01 »

johnnylightning wrote:I have no problem sending the inserts when they have them because they are often the same as the cover but i rarely send a actual dvd cover because i don't want to end up with a dvd missing its cover if i don't get it back and even if i do get it back signed i can't put it back in the case with the movie because the plastic on the case probably isn't acid or pvc free so i send pictures 99% of the time.
Nothing happens to the covers so why would it be different with marker on it? I have some from 2001 that I put back in the case and they look fine. As with anything if u leave the movies out in direct sunlight the "spine" of the movie can fade but that it.
ScottishDan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ScottishDan »

Only 2 so far but I think i'm going to include DVD covers more often now. Received a Tom Hanks Toy Story VHS cover and a Michael Gambon Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince DVD cover this week!!