What do you do with ur autographs?

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
MainManBlade
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: What do you do with ur autographs?

Post by MainManBlade »

It really varies with the article that gets signed. I get press kit photos signed, those get put into a binder with the rest of the press kit. Unless it's a press kit from 2001-present which means everything is saved to a CD, then I have to convert the .tif photo and print it. Those go in a binder as well.
If it's a poster (promotional mini or full sized) they get dry mounted and shrink wrapped. and placed into a frame box with the rest of the collection.
If it's a magazine, hard cover or soft cover novel or comic book these get bagged and boarded and put a label on them stating who signed it, where (live or TTM) and when (month and year)
If it's a banner it gets rolled and boxed up for later display.
If it's a trading card, bagged and boxed.
If it's a DVD cover of CD cover, it goes back into the original case.
If it's something I got signed for someone else, I'll frame it and ship it. I have piggybacked their request with mine (or vice versa) and gotten two or more items signed. I'll catalogue mine in the binder and treat theirs like a precious gem, buy selected the perfect frame (<$10 @ Walgreens or Wal-Mart) and ship it with no notice and wait for their squeal of delight through the phone to announce they received it!
I am kind of picky about which items I release to celebrities. I have been burned as we all have, sending off something precious and personal only never to see or hear from it again. Hope this helps.
Most Recently Sent: John Cena, Parker Posey, Jessica Biel
Most Recent Successes: Lupita Nyongo, Sean Bean, Lee Pace
Most Recent In Person: Cress Williams, Orlando Jones
Favorite Autographs: Wesley Snipes (personalized Blade 2 poster), General Collin Powell (personalized My American Journey), John Travolta, Adam West
Favorite Personalization: Jeremy Renner, Cedric the Entertainer, Michael Shannon
balladesque
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by balladesque »

I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this but I put them on my scrapbook. I never plan on hanging them up :oops:
dueby_boys

Post by dueby_boys »

balladesque wrote:I'm sort of embarrassed to admit this but I put them on my scrapbook. I never plan on hanging them up :oops:
why is that a bad thing?? you cherish them as much as u can :mrgreen:
downtoearth
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by downtoearth »

Some are framed, some are in plastic bags, some are books, some are in pockets in my planner.
ails
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by ails »

I put mine in a photo album. My current album is the wrong size and some won't fit. I like keeping the envelopes too but it's too big for the album. I'll try to buy a bigger one when I get the chance. I like them to be compiled and just like LGPSG, I like to flick through them. :mrgreen:
Collected (27): Matthew Perry AP, Anthony Michael Hall, Matt LeBlanc AP, Denzel Washington, Julie Andrews PP (given to friend who's a fan), Hugh Laurie PP, Air Supply's Graham Russel (IP), Commodores, Callum Blue, Dan Castellaneta, Mandy Patinkin, Ted Levine Wild Wild West Autograph Card (bought from eBay), Seth MacFarlane PP, Kenneth Branagh, Joe Mantegna, Timothy Dalton (bought from eBay, not sure of authenticity), Daniel Craig, David Morrissey, Carole Ann Ford, Rupert Graves, Christopher Lambert, Simon Templeman, Barry Gibb, Andrew Lincoln, William Russell, James Buckley, Joe Thomas, Jonathan Banks
Sent/Waiting For: Tony Shalhoub, Andrew Scott, Camille Coduri, Sam Hazeldine, Kurtwood Smith, Simon Pegg, David Tennant, Simon Bird, Giancarlo Esposito
IP/TTM Wishlist: Hiroshi Nagano, Hugh Laurie, Hugh Jackman, John Cusack, Tony Shalhoub, Ted Levine, Timothy Dalton, Sean Connery, Breaking Bad cast, Jesse Spencer, Robert Sean Leonard, Seth MacFarlane, David Hayter, Leon Lai, Nick Cheung
vjw0307
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by vjw0307 »

3 ring binder. I have one dedicated solely to baseball, the other is a mix of different sports, actors, actresses, historical figures, etc.

I have a couple framed, some boxed for a future framing. Signed jerseys are still in packaging for the time being. Baseballs are all in envelopes until I can get enough UV cubes. When I move to a house that I'm going to live in for a while, I'll set up a room for them to go in. May eventually put the baseballs/jerseys up in my office.
margotchanning
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by margotchanning »

All of the originals are in binders. I have a few copies that I have on my wall. I don't like to hang the originals on the wall incase of sun damage! My house is a bit of a sun trap!

http://www.freewebs.com/caribbean-queen My Autograph Collection

http://www.youtube.com/imalittlemidget - Check out my singing on youtube!