Ringo Starr / NO LONGER SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS

You can also post suggestions, comments to the fanmail.biz database managers here. Do not post your feedback here. Do not request a celebrity address here.
crazyaddict52

Re: Ringo Starr / NO LONGER SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS

Post by crazyaddict52 »

I got his earlier this year as well, sent via the address in Monaco.
Sad he's going to stop signing; now none of The Beatles will sign - I've heard McCartney only signs for his chosen charities, and that's about it :neutral:

Zach
Thanks for the avatar Hangman!! ^^

boethius
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by boethius »

I am sad , too, but Ringo does it right this way.

Too many fake-fans sell his autographs on Ebay.

I am lucky and very proud that I got my 2 autographs of him earlier this year.

Thank you, Ringo !!!
Most wanted autographs : Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Sean Connery, Jack Nicholson, Bob Dylan, Pete Townshend, Jimmy Page, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Robert Plant, Roger Daltrey ...
Matty06P
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Matty06P »

tyj
Last edited by Matty06P on Fri May 31, 2013 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Classikmetal
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Classikmetal »

Matty06P wrote:I can't BELIEVE he could do this. I always though Ringo was very loyal to his fans. I sent my request back in April. Let's just hope he signs it.
He has always been loyal to his fans...he has been signing autographs since what...the 60's? That's 40 years he probably has been asked for an autograph. He is getting old now...almost near 70, so that is completely understandable that he has to stop. Everyone should be even glad that he actually signed at all ttm...he could have not signed at all ttm... :neutral:
qwertyuiop
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by qwertyuiop »

I agree with Classik and Osiris. He's been signing since the Beatles, so he probably doesn't want to be bombarded with fan mail. Plus, it was nice of him to let people know so we wouldn't waste our money.
He said in the video that if the date in the letter was past 20th, then it'd go in the bin, I sent a last minute one yesterday :lol:
Favourite successes: Paramore, New Found Glory, Death Cab For Cutie
miley cyrus fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by miley cyrus fan »

in a way im disapointed but i do understand, and he has signed for many years, i hope he still signs ip thou. i wish i would have gotten his autograph but i guess i never will.
sagat
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by sagat »

I understand where he is coming from. He was not that big/popular. Mcartney stopped signing ages ago. I was going to send in but had to stop and think; then i realised i am not a fan of the beatles and i would be saving my money if i didn't send any:)
autoland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autoland »

The date that Ringo, is refuring to is the poststamp on the letter, if thats the 20th, then forget it.

If you live in the Uk, then you will have to send out, by Today (Thursday) OR Saturday, if sending, to the US Address, otherwise, forget it for ever.

Oh about Sir Paul, if you look on youtube, he was signing a few months back, it's very rare, but once in a blue moon he does, but he will only sign one per person, EVER.
autoland
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by autoland »

miley cyrus fan wrote:in a way im disapointed but i do understand, and he has signed for many years, i hope he still signs ip thou. i wish i would have gotten his autograph but i guess i never will.
Good point there, YES I do believe that he will sign in person, and if he or Paul Mccartney writes a book, then There would be some book signings more then likely.
Johnny's Fan
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by Johnny's Fan »

To be honest, I don't really care if he's been signing for 40 years or 400 years. There were still much nicer ways to express the fact he will no longer sign things than saying letters will be tossed after October 20th. Simple as that. What about people who just write to him not wanting anything? Do they not warrant a few minutes attention as they ask nothing of him but to read what they wrote?

I guess the only things he'll be signing in future are cheques so unless you work in a posh restaurant and can substitute a cheque in the register for cash, you'll probably have to wait a while to get anything signed.

Playbills: A Little Night Music (Angela Lansbury), Wicked, A Steady Rain (Daniel Craig & Hugh Jackman), The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, The Phantom of the Opera, Blithe Spirit (Angela Lansbury)
Most Wanted: Jason Isaacs, Andy Serkis, Peter Jackson, Johnny Depp
Personalized: 54
Most prized: Cate Blanchett, Tony Shalhoub, Mary Costa, Daniel Craig, Brad Bird, Patti LuPone, Richard Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Aaron Eckhart, John Rhys-Davis, Eli Wallach, David Wenham, Geoffrey Rush, Ian McKellen