Michael Phelps

Are you unsure if your autograph is authentic or not? Post it in here and the Fanmail.biz community will try to clear it up for you.
dynamo71
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Michael Phelps Success

Post by dynamo71 »

Under what category did you send the request? Also, when requesting autographs, do you just ask for it and type in your address?
rdf8585
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by rdf8585 »

This is from a signed t-shirt that's being sold on ebay. It was supposedly signed at the Wolverine Swim Camp in June 2008 ...

Looks just like the Speedo pic I recently received (no scanner for me).
Last edited by rdf8585 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
lizane

Post by lizane »

Hi all! ;)

I have to admit I agree 100% with Andy (Mr. Kennedy) - I think all recent successes received is secretarial too. :( I agree, people do change their signatures often but with this recent Phelps successes, it really just looks like a poor fake. {down} The letters - "M" and "P" - is clearly not done by the same person. :? I've already commented on this, for further discussion, please visit the "Is My Autograph Authentic?" forum. {thumb2}

Congrats on your success nonetheless, seamus! :mrgreen:

Thanks,
zanne
lizane

Re: Michael Phelps

Post by lizane »

Thanks for your opinion, scouser#1! {up} But the thing is it is clear the above autographs weren't done by the same person. :? If he were to change his signature, he would've made it shorter - not change the letters completely! I now believe it's secretarial. {down} As I've already said somewhere else, it just looks like a poor fake.
amyfairycakes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by amyfairycakes »

I would say they are authentic and that they were pre-signed pre-Olympics.
Not every signature is going to match and hell, my signature turns into a long scrawl sometimes.
Athletes are under contract with sponsors,and are obliged to do things such as sign autographs, endorse products etc.
So my opinion is that they are authentic.
lizane

Post by lizane »

Well that's your opinion but I stick to what I said - it really doesn't look like it's done by the same hand. :? And I've already commented on the "autographs change" thing, read my previous post. {thumb2} And he's not obliged to sign photos authentically, that's his personal choice - it's Speedo's job to send out autographed photos, whether it's authentic, preprints, stamped or secretarial. {up}
dragonflyer260
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by dragonflyer260 »

I normally dont post opinions but i thought i would in this case, I got my Phelps autograph via Speedo in late 2006 and i was comparing them and now i completly agree with the others its fake or at best a sec. But you know what if your happy with it then keep it and enjoy.

Thankyou to Lil1 for the amazing Ben Barnes Sig

I Now have a website! Check it out http://karissawebster.fotopic.net/

My Blog! Please read and comment!!! http://karissa21.blogspot.com/

TTM Favourite: Lance Armstrong, David Tennant, Alex O'loughlin, Ben Barnes, Robert Pattinson and the rest of my collection!

Most wanted: SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR!!! David Boreanaz, Cate Blanchett
amyfairycakes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by amyfairycakes »

It matches this in-person scan exactly right down to the M's and P's:

If anything, I would say the ones posted back in September are secretarial.
lizane

Post by lizane »

Please post from which site you got that photo as I know for a fact that successes received last year are his real signature as most of them were stamped/autopenned. If this is from eBay, sorry - it's most likely another fake. {down} Please read "seamus" success posted in the "Feedback" forum, many agree recent successes is fake. You can't say previous years' successes are sec as most came with a typed letter with his preprint signature, which is obviously not sec and looked nothing like recent ones. :? May I ask if you got a success from him recently or wrote to him recently?
amyfairycakes
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Post by amyfairycakes »

No I haven't gotten a success from him. I wrote to him a while ago c/o his swimming club but have yet to hear back.
No, I didn't get the IP from eBay. I got it from star*tiger. And you can't actually say that it's likely to be a fake as the collectors on Star*tiger are extremely experienced and reputable especially the one who posted this IP.
I have seen many successes from his swimming club and IP's that all match the recent ones people have been receiving from Speedo. I have not on the other hand seen ones that match the smaller neater sig that people rec'd back in September.