Studio Fan Mail and Pre-Prints Do NOT count as autographs

Post your requests for celebrity addresses here. No more than 3 address requests per person per day please!
Adonis85257
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Studio Fan Mail and Pre-Prints Do NOT count as autographs

Post by Adonis85257 »

Dear Collectors,
Thank you very much for sharing with all of us your successes or semi-successes regarding pre-printed autographs. It is good to know which celebs are doing this so that collectors like me can save postage, effort, and energy from writing to them. The celebs might think that this is a nice gesture, but in my opinion, it is like they are giving us the middle finger. With that being said, I appreciate the many celebrities who actually take the time out of their busy schedule to hand-sign autographs for their fans. I understand that it's not possible for celebs to answer each and every fans' letter, but if we wanted a copy of their autograph, we could print them off at home using our home computers. I'm interested in hearing what your thoughts are in regards to pre-printed autographs. Is it a success or a disappointment ? Thanks and happy collecting to all of you :)
Moviefan2k4
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Studio Fan Mail and Pre-Prints Do NOT count as autograph

Post by Moviefan2k4 »

My first autograph collection was done exclusively through the mail, about 20 years ago. At the time, it was a huge thrill to send a fan letter and get a signed photo back. I was so naive back then, I thought all of them were genuine since I had no reason to suspect otherwise. When I first learned of celebrities using secretaries and machines to answer letters, it really crushed me...to the point I threw out my whole collection because I didn't know who to trust. Now, I have a new collection, most of which has been done in person...and to be honest, its usually more fun. Sadly, I haven't been to a convention in over a year, because they're just so damn expensive now; its really becoming too impersonal.
Adonis85257
Autograph Collector
Autograph Collector

Re: Studio Fan Mail and Pre-Prints Do NOT count as autograph

Post by Adonis85257 »

Thanks for sharing and yes, sadly, the greedy Hollywood agents want to cash in on anything that they can. Yes, celebrities at conferences are charging out the rear end for their signature, but today, the only true way to get an authentic autograph is to either get it in person ( at an event or shelling out money for it at a show). Fortunately, for me, I was lucky to have received some actual autographs through the mail in the late 1980s and early 1990s, but now everybody wants an autograph and the only way for celebs to accommodate some of the fans is through pre prints. Sometimes, I am guilty of being selfish and feeling as though I have a sense of entitlement, but the reality of the matter is that the celebs have no obligation to the fans other than giving a fine performance on screen.